I've been reminded a few times lately that I have been very remiss with my blogging, it's gone from a regular weekly post to a random occasional post. Starting today I'll try to get back to regular, but I'm not promising anything.
I put together six of my weekly leaves, weeks 13-18, and I love how it looks. I had just enough of the stripe fabric in my stash, I had to use it because it went so well with the prints.
SAQA 100 days is now finished, has a backing on it and is waiting for me to do facings.
This looks so much better than the original 3 yards of fabric. I'm now looking at other printing rejects in my stash to pull out for future cutting up and stitching.
2020 Weekly leaf, Burr Oak Series
week 19, an altered cyanotype
week 20, SolarFast on a commercially printed fabric
week 21, cyanotype
I have saved odd scraps for decades with the thought of doing collage and have finally decided to just do it. My first stumbling block was the amount of stuff I've saved and where to start with it all. It's been narrowed down to a small selection of fabrics that already have fusible web on them and a few assorted other pieces that are in eyesight. I've started with a 5" x 7" size because I have a pad of canvas paper that I have no other use for. I expect these to change as I go along , switching out some of the material for papers, change size, etc. Here are the first 12.
Daily Collage 1 - 12
I did number 13 yesterday and started to add a few stitches and may continue doing that for maybe the next 12. I've really been enjoying doing these, none of them are great art but who cares.
I'll be linking up with "Off The Wall Friday" and "Slow Sunday Stitching "