The second one started from two pieces of fabric, both printed with a similar deconstructed leaf image. I then added strips of fabric that were close in color to the prints, it's very busy.
The third one is still in process. It started with a shoebox filled with scraps of black and white prints, many of them were ones that I had printed. I just started sewing pieces together and now have these five larger pieces that will get assembled together with some red fabric.
2020 weekly leaf, Burr oak series, week14
Solar Fast on commercially printed cotton
SAQA Next 100 days
six rows (60 days) sewn together
My normal goto thread for stitching is Pearl cotton, but for this 100 day project I'm using floss. Back in the 60's and 70's I did a lot of embroidery and saved all the thread in a large jar. For this project I've decided to use some of that thread, several of the skeins have the original little paper wrappers on them that include the price.
I'll be linking up with "Off the Wall Friday" and "Slow Sunday Stitching".