Thursday, January 9, 2020

Rainbows, A Tree and An Oak Leaf

My tree is stitched and now I need to add the white stitching around the outer edge and the facing.

My original plan had been to stitch a background but when I finished the tree it felt complete. I posted this on Instagram and asked if it needed a background and the overwhelming response was leave it alone. So my gut feeling that it was complete was right. I'm very pleased with how it came out, especially after struggling to get it started.

You can find me on Instagram @thrulindaseyes

2020 Daily Stitching #1
I've finished the outer circle and will now begin stitching the scraps I showed last week down.


2020 Weekly Leaf, Burr Oaks #2
This one is a cyanotype that has had the color removed with TSP.




Hubby got good news last week, his Oncologist gave him a clean bill of health. Of course we have to go in every three months for CT scans as a precaution. Tomorrow he sees the surgeon, has the remaining stent removed and hopefully can return to full activities. He's feeling better and has started riding the exercise bike to get some stamina back, the whole process was really tough on his body. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks to all of you for the good wishes, prayers, etc.

I'll be linking up with "Off the Wall Friday" and "Slow Sunday Stitching"

4 comments:

  1. The tree is a stunner, and I agree - more would just detract from its beauty. Glad to hear about your husband's good news. Yup, he doesn't need to sit around doing nothing and the exercise bike sounds like just the thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tree is lovely. So happy for your husband's good news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that Hubby has a clean bill of health. WooHoo! I love your stitching. That tree is just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for a clean bill of health! That's got to feel good for you both! I agree (not that it matters) that the tree doesn't need a single thing more! The Burr Oak leaf is really fun! :)

    ReplyDelete