Thursday, December 12, 2019

Stitching a Tree

A short quick post this week, it's been a little stressful here but some stitching has been done.

2019 Weekly Leaf, week 50(already!)

SolarFast on silk




2019 Daily Stitching #5

I'm stitching a tree. This time of year I get a tiny bit obsessive about bare naked trees, I take pictures, lots of pictures, but this year I decided to actually stitch one.
This is the sketch I drew.
So far I've outlined the trunk and main branches.
There's a whole lot more stitching to do and I'm not even sure how I'm going to do some of it, but I'll just keep plugging along.

I finished the socks!

I'll be linking up with "Off the Wall Friday" and "Slow Sunday Stitching".

3 comments:

  1. I can only imagine how stressful your life is now, having been there myself. I think it's a good thing that you have your sewing and knitting to keep you calmer. I look forward to seeing what you do with the tree, so different from your other ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tree and got to thinking how after the bare branches are added….perhaps you’ll be able to add some leaves in the spring as life regenerates itself and hopefully the health issues of 2019 will be in the past!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tree looks really good. I've got in my mind a design for a single tree split through the four seasons. Your sketch would make a good base for my idea! :)

    ReplyDelete