Thursday, July 4, 2019

New Starts

I've started 2 new projects this week, my 3rd in the series of daily stitching and a project for SAQA's 100 days of creativity.

2019 Daily Stitching #3, days 1-7

Same size as the last 2, but this time in greens.


I still don't know what I'll be stitching in the middle, but something will happen.

SAQA 100 days of creativity

I started with a 45" x 60" piece of fabric that I screen printed several years ago.

Cut it into 5" squares

And now I'm adding stitching to a square a day, here are the squares from the first 4 days.




In October when they are all stitched I will rearrange them and stitch them back together.

2019 Weekly Leaf #27
Botanical print on beige silk charmeuse



I've also started quilting the cyanotype leaf quilt, so far just the leaves are done.






I'll be linking up with "Off the Wall Friday" and "Slow Sunday Stitching"

5 comments:

  1. I really like the beginnings of both of your new projects, especially the first round of the circle one. And of course all your leaves . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your green is off to a good start!. I like the idea of cutting up an UFO and adding hand stitching. I'll have to look around my studio and see if I have anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a true inspiration, I love how your creative mind and fingers work together to make magic :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am inspired by your "something will happen" creativity, and trusting that ideas will come... and they do! Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete