Thursday, October 4, 2018

SAQA Auction

I've been remiss in mentioning the annual SAQA Auction that has been going on for the past two and a half weeks. There are still several wonderful pieces available (including mine) in the third section.
This is the piece I donated.

Poplar leaves

I gathered a bunch of leaves again this past weekend and did a bit of printing. First were some gelli prints on muslin.

Second group is botanical prints on silk broadcloth, except for the 2 on the left which are on scraps of vintage linen tablecloth.

I love how the leaf outline printed on this one.

I also did some finishing work on a group of last years weekly pieces. These were done in groups of five called "Signs of Life: the five universal shapes"
Today I hung it in the Art Guilds display area at Weiser Classic Candies.

2018 Weekly Leaf  week #40




2018 Daily Stitching #3 days 9-15


I'll be linking up with "Off the Wall Friday" and "Slow Sunday Stitching".

11 comments:

  1. Your auction piece is lovey. The colors in the border are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely post. your leaves and many variations are inspiring.And for me , leaves are great informers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Linda, I am totally intrigued with your work. so much that I just hit the follow button on your blog and I am going to add you to my favorite list. I want to see more!!! Your work is so original and creative. I have never seen Gelli Prints and have no idea how it is done, but plan on going to You Tube to see if I can find out more. Have you made any tutorials?
    Well, I just checked the clock and I have to get going . . . church service waits for no one, LOL.
    Happy stitching.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Connie, Thank you! There are lots of Gelli printing tutorials, also try gelliarts.com the company that makes the gelli plates.

      Delete
  4. I am amazed how you come up with interesting ways to stitch the backgrounds of your leaf pieces. I hope the auction picture does well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm finding the backgrounds take the most thought.

      Delete
  5. I find your leaves both exquisite and intriguing, Linda. Your new printed leaves are fabulous. Each one of your embellished leaves is a work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of pretty work. You are so creative and artsy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I biggie sized the photos so I could study the details that miraculously develop... so amazing!
    Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

    ReplyDelete