Friday, December 1, 2017

2017 Daily Stitching #2 done

We had a fabulous Thanksgiving, a houseful(10 extra) for three days. Thanksgiving morning the kids, grandkids and I did our usual 5k Turkey trot and had our after race coffees and smoothies.


We had purchased a new front door and my sons installed during the afternoon, fortunately we had unseasonably warm weather. The door was a bit of a project but went quite smoothly. We replaced a 32" door with a 36" one.

Before


During

After



The view of the pretty tree across the street from the really cool window.


As you can see it needs some finishing touches, my hubby is set to do that but he has had a very nasty bronchial infection.

My daughter surprised me and asked me to teach her how I've done my current daily stitching.
This is what she is starting with.

When they left she had the moon done.

The younger grandkids wanted to learn how to carve stamps and did a great job.



All in all it was a wonderful three days.

2017 Daily Stitching
Done! I was going to try and stretch it out till the end of the year, but that didn't happen.



Here's the two of them together, I think I'll do one more starting in January.
 Weekly Stitching
Signs of Life:The five universal shapes

wk#48



I'll be liking up to "Off the Wall Friday" and "Slow Sunday Stitching"

7 comments:

  1. What a joyous family gathering. Makes we want to become an honorary member of your family. I can't imagine a better day, than starting with a turkey trot, followed by being asked to spend time doing art with the family. Love the leaded window in the door, too. And that stitching... wow. Stunning, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun Thanksgiving at your house! Your new door looks great! I love the window! Your stitching projects always amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    Sounds like an awesome Thanksgiving. Love all your stitching. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your new door! Your stitching is awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that door. What a pretty red. Your stitching is wonderful also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been busy with stitching, door replacement and all that company!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your door is stunning. I am not surprised to see that creativity runs in the family.

    ReplyDelete