Thursday, June 8, 2017

Daily Stitching Project done!

The daily stitching piece that I started on Jan. 1, is done. It took 157 days.

 Daily Stitching 1/1/17 to 6/6/17
mounted on a black 10"x10"canvas

The last stitches.

This is what it looked like before stitching.
As you can see, I've made some modifications. I covered up parts I didn't like, added some others and changed some colors. The piece was cut off the end of this piece of fabric.
The big challenge for me on this piece is that the original fabric was not printed with any thought or intention other than a place to use up the paint on my stamps. I printed it over the course of about six months while doing the prints for my daily stitching of gelli prints last year. You can see it here.  Obviously I liked the challenge because I've started another one. This is it ready to stitch.
This one will also be modified as I go along.

2017 Daily stitching #2, day 1-2

Weekly Stitching
Signs of Life:The five universal shapes

I'll be linking up to "Off the Wall Friday" and "Slow Sunday Stitching"


  1. This is so cool! I hadn't remembered that you started with the printed cloth. I had been wondering how you decided what to stitch.

  2. This is great! I need to learn stamping/gelli printing...!

  3. Wow, love your project--just beautiful.

  4. Such a great idea to use a stamped piece to inspire the stitching... it's amazing!