Monday, March 13, 2017

Seventy Days to 70 and Shades of Orange Done!

Seventy Days to 70 is done and tomorrow is my big day.

 #64 Fancy machine stitches that I never use
 #65 Bits of hand dyed cheesecloth and french knots
 #66 Silk snippets covered with gel medium
 #67 Dynaflow background screen printed
 #68 Hand dyed used facial cloths
 #69 Paper from Chinese phone book, fortunes and chopstick wrapper
 #70 hand stitching
 The whole pile
Spread out in order
This was a fun project, I got to revisit some of my old stuff, get rid of some stuff and accomplished what I set out to do. 

Shades of Orange; finished. I think this will be the last of the daily stitching projects in this format. This makes #10, you can see them all here. I've loved working with the four inch squares but I'm getting tired of having to store large finished works.



Shades of Orange
3-14-2016 to 3-13-2017

2017 Daily Stitching days #66-72

More of the background done, the yellow finished and the peacock feather finished.

Weekly stitching Signs of Life; the Five Universal Shapes

The next five weeks will be on one piece of silk noil. I cut the five shapes out of freezer paper, ironed them to the silk and sprayed over it with walnut ink.
 Before removing the freezer paper
After removing the freezer paper.
Week #11



I will be on a traveling adventure for the next three weeks so I'm taking a brief break and will resume blogging early in April. First stop will be Phoenix, AZ to visit family and meet our four month old great grandson. Next stop will be Las Vegas for my husband to bowl in a tournament. From there I fly to the Seattle area while he drives back to Idaho. I'll be joining my daughter and her family for a trip to China! I'm pretty excited and hope to have lots to share when I get home inApril.

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Love the orange project.
    Enjoy your travels. I will be waiting to see what is new for the next year's project.
    Hugs,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy, happy birthday, Linda. I love your circles and applaud your tenacity. 👏
    Have a great trip. I look forward to reading all about it when you return.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday!! The circles look great. Isn't it fun to be able to use the miscellaneous bits that have been waiting in the studio for their moment?

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are so many samples on the blog today that leave me ready to run for ‘stuff’ to play with…..really enjoyed your 70 day journey…..Happy Birthday…...

    ReplyDelete