Today is my birthday, which means that I finished the Sari ribbon daily stitching project. At least it's all sewn together, the backing is not on yet but will be soon.The finished title is Sari Ribbon and French knots because I decided on day #2 that each piece should have at least one french knot in the hand stitching. The sari ribbon is from Darn Good Yarn and is made from worn sari that are ripped or cut into strips, then twisted. I untwisted the strips and ironed them flat before cutting them into four inch pieces and stitched them onto a basketweave silk noil.
The Weekly Leaf
This week I used a stitched shibori piece of fabric. It's hard to see the stitching lines in the photo but they were perfect for my embroidery stitching. This is one of the pieces that I did after taking Ana Lisa Hedstrom's class at last years SAQA conference. I wrote about them here.
Daily Stitching updates
Gelli prints #68- #74
Today I start on a new daily stitching project which I will show you next week.
Linked to "Off the Wall Friday"