Wednesday, June 10, 2015


I'm going thru one of those times when I want to start something new, yet don't know what. I have several ideas in my head, scribbled on scraps of paper and even in a sketchbook, but nothing is gelling. I've been pulling out fabric for each idea, or figuring out what fabric to dye and then just not feeling it. Yesterday I pulled out the back and white mono prints that were done in early March, squared each one up and then cut them into quarters.

Then tossed them up on the design wall, first in a very boring pattern, but at least I got them up there.

Then I started playing with them and forgot to take pictures, but this was how I left it.

More interesting but it still needs some tweaking. I'll be gone for about five days so it will probably stay this way and wait for me to return.

Dell Thomas purchased my auction piece at the SAQA conference and has it on her blog, this week.

The Weekly Leaf
This week I used another one of my SolarFast prints made with Jacquards negative generator . Here's the negative that I used.

Then I spread the SolarFast onto a piece of hand dyed fabric, placed the negative on the fabric, let it sit in the sun for about twelve minutes, and here's the results. The picture was taken after I started stitching.

Week #23

Daily Stitching updates

Silk Fragments #156-#161

Sari Ribbon #84-#89

Linked to "Off the Wall Friday"


  1. silk fragment 157 looks like an Easter peep that you eat. But you know me and seeing things!

  2. I'm sure you'll do something spectacular with those circles.
    Great leaf, as usual!