Then without thinking about where I planned to use it, I put it in a brown dye that was already mixed and got this result.
Which gave me the leaf image I wanted but not in a color that would go with the rest of my weekly leaves.
So this week I redid the entire process.
Put in the stitches.
Then this time instead of dying the fabric, I used a hand dyed green that I knew would discharge to yellow and I discharged the leaf. Here it is with the bleach just on the folds that were gathered.
Used a bleach pen.
Here it is rinsed well.
Then all the stitching was taken out, the piece was soaked in Bleach stop to neutralize the bleach and then washed.
The Weekly Leaf #44
Daily Stitching updates.
Line Dance #301-#307
The Daily Paper #229-#235