Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Road Trip

In the past week we've been over the mountains and thru the woods to my daughters house in western Washington.


The sun was even shining on our way there and Mt Rainier was peeking over the trees. Not much sun the rest of the trip, but that is normal for this area. The plus side of all that rain is that things are very green and growing.

We were there in April of 2010 to help build a geodesic dome greenhouse. The area where the greenhouse sits was completely cleared, this is how it looks now. I wrote four blog posts about building it and those four posts get more hits than anything else I've written.


We were there to help celebrate a grand daughter's high school graduation. Here she is with her Cheerleading/t-shirt quilt.


As we were packing up to leave yesterday morning I quickly grabbed some leaves in hopes of using them for printing.

I particularly love the ferns, they don't do well in our high desert climate.

The Weekly Leaf

This weeks leaf was drawn onto freezer paper, cut out, ironed to my fabric and then printed using paintstiks. The color was applied to and then brushed off the freezer paper.

Week #24



I'll have more to share about this leaf in a few months :).

Daily Stitching updates

Line Dance #161 - #168



The Daily Paper #89 - #96




and 5 rows of it

Linked to "Off the Wall Friday"

6 comments:

  1. Beautify scenery, lovely G.D. and of course, I'm always inspired by your fabulous stitching....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Daily Paper all together is so vibrant! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Linda. Just LUV those 5 rows of Daily Paper. Smashing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda: Love all the small collections of stuff in this post, especially the use of paper and how you've put it together. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been away for a week and look at what I've missed! Love the Daily Paper, the leaf and your beautiful granddaughter's beautiful quilt. I'll have to check out the making of the Dome. Impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my gosh, we were in the same neck of the woods at the same time!
    Why didn't I think to bring back leaves and fern? (I'm into gelli printing now.) I love your results. :)

    ReplyDelete