A new year calls for a new daily stitching project and this year it will be "Line Dance". I have a large selection of vintage silk drapery samples that were given to me at least fifteen years ago. I have used some of them over the years but there are still quite a few left, even after cutting out enough squares to get me through the next year. Each piece was labeled and had a stock number printed on one edge.
The labels came off first and everything was tossed into the washer and drier before cutting. Then I cut lots of four inch squares and put them in their container for the year.
I've already edited my thread selection down to one ball.
It's from Valdani and is a hand dyed #12 weight pearl cotton. I will need at least one more ball before the year is through.
This year I'm going to be stitching a line on each block that will connect to it's neighboring block. I'm not planning anything out, I just want to see what happens. Here are the first six.
Line Dance #1 - #6
This is how they look sewn together.
Indigo and Rust #294 - # 299
Next post I will be about my new weekly project.