Saturday, December 31, 2011

New projects

I've had an idea in my head for awhile and have made some samples, this week I jumped in and started a big project. The first three images are of my samples. I'm collaging fabric onto batting, heavily stitching it, washing it and then putting a big circle of paint on top. The first picture is a close up of the white sample.



The next is the black sample.



This is the two samples, both are about 16" square.



My plan is to make a white background about 80" square. I've decided to do it in quarters and then before washing, stitch the quarters together. I'm working on the first quarter and have already gone thru about a thousand yards of thread, and I think it still needs more stitching. It's a good thing that Joann's has thread 50% off - I'm stocking up! This is part of what I'm currently stitching.



My other project will start January 9, but I'm getting everything together so I'll be ready. I'm going to be 65 on the 14th of March, so I'm doing an appliqued and/or embroidered circle for the 65 days leading up to my birthday. This is the start of my collection of materials to use.



I'll be cutting out squares in three different sizes, 9",6" and 3", and each day I will do a circle on one of the squares. Then at the end I will assemble them into a quilt. Today I was noticing my bead collection so I may be adding beads also. I'm only using materials that I already have and I plan on each circle being different. I also plan on posting each one here as I do them. So look forward to Sixty five days to 65.

I'd like to wish everyone a very Happy New Year and thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment