Monday, August 15, 2011

Idaho Senior Games

On Saturday my friend Barbara Huck and I went to Boise and participated in the 5k walk at the Idaho Senior Games. I came in first place overall!!! and won a $25 gift card to a running store. We both got gold medals for being first in our age groups, here we are showing off our medals.



That's Barb on the left and me on the right. We plan on doing this every year and since I'm 5 years older we will always be in different age categories. We were both very inspired by the competitors in the 80 -84 age group. Afterward we celebrated by first going to a Quilt shop and then out to lunch. After lunch we met up with Barb's husband Bill, and they went on to compete in the Table Tennis Tournament and they both won medals!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful post! That's it...I want to move to Idaho now!

    ReplyDelete