While blog hopping yesterday I came across a tutorial on tessellation and gave it a try. I'm not great at reading and following directions, but I did look at the pictures and remembered enough to figure it out. You can go here if you'd like to give it a try. This is what I ended up with.
I also got out the remainder of the blocks I was given in 2005 and am trying to figure out how to get them to work together.
This piece below will be the back of the darker color set from yesterdays post. I had some of the little four patch blocks and some odd strips leftover, just enough to add to the backing fabric to make it wide enough.
Below is the last of the blocks, it got setting triangles added to it and hangs in my studio. It's a piece of a vintage linen that has an L on it. My friend Gayle dyed it and added beads to it. She collects and uses vintage linens all the time, you can see some on her blog.
I like to collect vintage linens also, sometimes I dye them but usually I just collect them. Recently I went to a local estate sale with $20 in my pocket and came home with this pile.
Most have never been used, many still have the labels on them. There are several tablecloths, hand towels and napkins. My favorite is a complete set of eight place mats and napkins that have never been used. I'm planning on dying them in a rainbow of colors and using them.