I've been working on a couple of new projects. The first one I forgot to take pictures as I went along, but it started out as a mono-printed circle, black on white. I cut it up and painted it with dye, gold, magenta, and aqua. Then put it together with black strips and now it's ready to quilt.
I've done several more pages in the "This is not a sketchbook" project. This is a pretty bad picture of two of the pages.
I'm also working on a larger quilt that I got the inspiration for last spring while coloring with my granddaughter. I've drawn it out full size, 4 ft. x 6 ft., and have traced it onto some old interfacing to use as a pattern. I'm normally not a pattern user, but I was having trouble figuring out how to do it. So this is my big leaf.
This is one of the pieces of fabric I'll be using.
These are a couple more.
The leaf will be created out of a large pile of pole wrapped shibori fabrics that I have done over the past few years. I've been saving them for just the right project, of course there's a lot more than I need so it will end up being several more projects in the end. I'll also probably decide that I don't have just the right color and end up doing more. But at least I'm getting started on it.