Thursday, March 21, 2013

Queen size done

I finished the queen size commissioned quilt and the very pleased owner picked it up this morning.  I did put it on one of our spare beds to get a picture first.
Also a photo of the back.
It feels good to have more creative space back in my studio, but I won't be creating anything new for a week or so. Right now I'm prepping for a trip to Cleveland to tape a couple of segments for Quilting Arts TV. I fly out very early on Monday, so early that I have to leave home at 3 am to get to the airport in time. I'll let you know at the end of next week how it went.

Weekly stitching #12

Daily Stitching #73 - #80


Daily stitching #2 - #8 and a close up.



This is now linked to "Off the wall Fridays".

13 comments:

  1. Best wishes for a successful and fun taping...... I know ALL about those 3:00 AM wake ups for early flights.....I've lived that life for 25+ years.... Though I'll miss most of the positive aspects of travel teaching...I won't miss the travel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt looks fantastic finished and on the bed - both ways!

    I wish you the very best trip. What an excellent adventure to go on. You are a superb teacher and that will film beautifully. I'm so happy for you.

    I also must comment on one of your red daily stitching pieces...I think it looks like you figured out how to make an invisible donut. It is my fav of the blog post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I like the idea of invisible donut and you're right it does look like one.

      Delete
  3. Great stitching...and awesome quilt! My friend, Marlene Glickman will be taping for QA again this or next week too! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good - maybe I'll get to meet her, her work is gorgeous.

      Delete
  4. ohhh I didn't know quilting arts was taped in Cleveland. . . very cool! Can't wait to see you on it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hand stitching is fabulous and I really like that quilt, I especially love to see interesting "back" treatments and this is SUPER!!!!
    Have a great time with your Quilting Arts taping! Ya hoop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Drop dead gorgeous quilt, both front and back. Great stitching, as usual. Have fun in Cleveland!
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete