Wednesday, August 12, 2009
I finally got the kimono printed, batched,washed out, ironed and sewn back together. I'm quite happy with the way it turned out, especially since it has been sitting in my stash of things to dye for more years than I can remember. Not the greatest picture, it's pinned to my designs wall, but at least you can get an idea of what it looks like. The whole piece was stretched out on my print table (I had opened up the side seams), and screen printed. then I used a squeegee and scraped the dye onto the bands. The orange circles were put on first, then covered with freezer paper to keep them untouched with the turquoise/blue printing. Unfortunately it doesn't fit me very well - probably why it was in the stash for so long.